A bucket list is a list of things that you want to do/accomplish before you die. There is a 2007 movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman called The Bucket List about 2 terminally ill men attempting to complete all the items on their bucket lists.
For today's assignment, you are to come up with 5 things that you want to accomplish during your time here on earth. Do not include things that you have already done. Graduating college and having children are not on my bucket list, because I have already done those things. List the things from 1-5 including at least 1 sentence describing why you want to do/accomplish each thing.
If you click on the link above, it will take you to a website dedicated to people and their bucket lists. Check out that site to help you come up with ideas for your list.
this is a blog assignment
numbered list of 5 things/goals/etc. that you haven't done yet.
at least 1 sentence describing why each thing was chosen
1. run a half marathon in under 2 hours- I will never be an elite level distance runner, but I consider running 13.1 miles in less than 2 hours an accomplishment. (update-I did this last year 159:47)
2. run a marathon in under 4 hours- I have yet to attempt this goal. I will hopefully run my first marathon next year.
3. complete a triathlon- I know I can swim, bike and run. The question is "can I find enough time to properly train for a triathlon?". One day I will.
4. travel overseas- I have a passport, but have never used it (except for Mexico). One day I would like to travel to many countries.
5. Donate platelets over 200 times- I used to donate blood, but I was told for my blood type (A+) it was better to donate platelets. Platelets can be donated every 2 weeks. The problem for me is that the process takes about 3 hours and with 2 little ones at home I can't get away on the weekends for that amount of time. Right now, I donate during the summer and vacation times since 2010.